T &Cs and Private policy
Detailed below are the Terms and Conditions which apply to all transactions on the LittleLab website. Placing an order confirms your acceptance of these terms & conditions, so please read them carefully.
All pricing shown on this website is subject to availability. All product prices are shown in UK Pound sterling inclusive of VAT and exclusive of delivery.
Only one promotion code or gift voucher code, regardless of its origin, can be redeemed against any one order. Promotions do not apply to any site sales. LittleLab has the right to withdraw discount codes at any time.
All products are subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. If your order cannot be completed, due to an availability issue, you will be given a refund for the out of stock product(s). LittleLab will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
We only advertise and sell products that are 100% genuine.
All images on this website are for illustration purposes only and may differ from the actual product. From time to time colours may vary due to photographic/graphics constraints/processes.
All products advertised on the Littlelab website are new and unused. In relation to unboxed items we make every effort to advertise products clearly, noting in the advert whether they are sealed, unsealed etc. However, from time to time, products may have no mention of this within the advert and must be assumed to be an unsealed product. From time to time outer casing/packaging may be scratched. In relation to tester products, testers are not supplied free of charge. to order on this basis. We make every effort to advertise products accurately. Please read item descriptions carefully.
Payment online can be made using either Credit/Debit Card with Shopify Payments or Paypal. If making payment online, please note we are not party to any details of your credit/debit card. Payment is verified by Paypal or Shopify prior to the order being submitted to us. Cleared payment must be received by LittleLab before any order can be dispatched. We do not accept payment by either cheque or postal order.
Our checkout software is through Shopify checkout extension.
Prior to submitting your order, please check carefully and ensure all details of your order and postal address are correct. LittleLab will not be liable for incorrect addresses entered as a delivery address. This will detail your specific order number, which will be required in the event that you contact us with any queries. So please make sure you keep this confirmation safe and on hand should there be a query. All orders are accepted subject to our Terms and Conditions of Sale. We reserve the right to decline any order. If you have special requirements with your delivery of how the parcel is signed for or delivered. Please specify when ordering. We cannot be liable for any losses due to false or incorrect information.
We hope you will be completely delighted with your order. However if for any reason you are not, we are happy to offer a refund, exchange or replacement as long as you return it to us within 28 working days, unopened, unused and in its original condition. We reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund if items are non-saleable.
Please note our terms and conditions for our online store are different to our retail shop at 20 Broad Street, Bath.
This is our Retail stores t&C's:
Please note we have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy, unfortunately, our insurance in store is for over 16 years only.
We allow furry friends on the nail bar but not in the pedicure area,
please let us know so we can check other clients are happy.
Please note we do not provide refunds, exchanges are only accepted if a product is unfit for purpose or faulty. This does not affect your statutory rights. Vouchers are valid for 6 months. We do not provide refunds for any of our makeup services/workshops.
- Through your use of littleLAB and any country top level domain name (the "Site"), or any Little LAB application that we make available from time to time ("Application")
- By visiting a LittleLAB store
- By interacting with our content and/or services
- By contacting us for support with Team Little LAB
- This policy also applies to information held about suppliers and possible future suppliers, contacts and all other people we hold information about.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your information and how we will use and treat it:
Please also refer to our T and C’s for adding information.
You must be over 16 to register for a personal account, subscribe to LittleLAB emails and/or place an order with LittleLAB. The Site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Little LAB is a Shopify Secure Site. To ensure that this is a legitimate Shopify secure Site, please check the following, the the original URL you are visiting comes from littlelab.co.uk
Who are we?
We are LittleLAB limited and we are responsible for processing your data. We will let you know which entity will be the controller for your data when you purchase a product or service with us. You can purchase online with us online and in store.
Little LAB is the controller and responsible for this Site.
Our Data Protection Officer is Katherine who can be contacted by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a company registered in the United Kingdom under registration number 08131945 and our registered address is 20 Broad street Bath BA1 5LN.
Information we collect
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form. This information can be grouped together in the following categories:
- Identity and Contact Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address or any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder or to staff within our stores
- Financial Information includes bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Information includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us
- Technical Information includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, language, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Site or any Application
- Profile Information includes first name, last name, title, birthday, email address, telephone number, delivery address, billing address, password, purchase and order history, your favourite products, wish list, brand preferences, contact with the Customer Care Team, and any other information you provide within your personal preferences through your profile builder
- Usage Information includes information about how you use the Site or any Application and our products and services
- Marketing and Communications Information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and we do not process your data to any third parties.
- Contact History means keeping a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by live chat, through a web form, by email, on social media or otherwise
- Social Information means information collected if you choose to link your social media accounts with us.
How we collect information about you
You may give us your information by filling in forms on the Site or in-store (clients allergy forms) any Application or in-store or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, on social media or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
- Register for an account with us (whether online or in-store)
- Place an order;
- Receive a consultation or treatment;
- Sign up for our newsletters;
- Register for any loyalty scheme that we offer from time to time.
- Request marketing to be sent to you;
- Contact our Little LAB Team.
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us feedback in store or online via paper and electronic forms.
As you interact with the Site or any Application we may automatically collect Technical Information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this information by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Information about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies. Please see our cookies policy for further information.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
Identity & Contact Information
- To deliver your purchases to you
- To check for allergies and health questions relating to your services in store at Little LAB
- To provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice/ workshops
- To send you service and appointment messages by email, SMS or otherwise, such as order updates, appointment times and dates.
- To create and manage your Little LAB profile and account
- To provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- For security and to check your identity
- To provide you with marketing (where we have the right to do so – see marketing section below)
- To show your LittleLAB adverts as you browse the web
- To direct you to the right part of the website
- To communicate with you
- To take payment, and give refunds
- For fraud prevention and detection
- To provide products you order to you
- To provide customer care and support, and handle returns
- To find out what you, and other customers, like
- To take IZettle payments in store for purchases and services.
Technical & Usage Information
- To improve our Site and any Application and set default options for you (such as language and currency)
- To keep our Site safe and secure
- To find out what you, and other customers, like
- To find out what you, and other customers, like
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
- To manage your participation in any loyalty scheme
- To complete brand specific consultations
- To provide beauty treatments and/or beauty advice
Marketing and Communications Information
- To send you information by email, SMS, post, other otherwise, about our products and services
- To provide customer care and support
- To train our staff
- To enable you to log-in to our Site simply and easily without having to create a separate account
- To enable you to share products and services if you choose to
Legal basis for processing
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
- For the performance of contracts to which you will be a party to and in order to take steps at your request prior to you entering into those contracts;
- For the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us; or
- In order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal information such as information about your health, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is otherwise a legal requirement for us to process such information.
Where our processing is based on the legitimate interest grounds described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; and (v) for our own marketing, research and product development.
Will we share your information with third parties?
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, so that we can help tackle fraud
- Information relating to orders fulfilled by our makeup brands that are drop shipped.
- Competition winners on social media
We may also share your personal information with:
- Law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
At any time, you have the right:
- To request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you;
- To rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- To ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- To withdraw consent to our processing of your information (to the extent such processing is based on previously obtained consent);
- To ask us to stop or start sending you marketing messages as described below in the marketing section;
- To restrict processing of your information;
- To data portability (moving some of your information elsewhere) in certain circumstances;
- To object to your information being processed in certain circumstances; and
- To not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing and to have safeguards put in place if you are being profiled based on your information.
Any request for access to or a copy of your information must be in writing and we will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change. You can update or correct your personal account details via email@example.com and we can get it changed for you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers Shedul and Shopify. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. We use 256-bit SSL Software to encrypt your payment card information when you place an order on our secure server. For your added security all payment transactions are processed automatically by worldpay or paypal, and we are not party to your personal credit card or bank details.
We may use your information to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing messages from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We may also market to you if we have received your express consent to do so including where we have collected your details in connection with a competition or other promotion and you have agreed to receive marketing from us.
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By updating your preferences in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link within an email to unsubscribe from that specific email type
- By contacting our Little LAB team.
Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
How long will we keep your information?
We will keep your information for as long as you have your account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our LittleLAB Team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Where we are permitted to send you direct marketing communications we may retain your contact information necessary for this purpose, (provided that you have consented to receiving them) for as long as you do not unsubscribe from receiving the same from us.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to email@example.com
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator in the UK.
Changes to this Policy